Diary of yoga practice

Friday, August 05, 2005

I've been having fun...

...with headstands before & after class. I went to my usual class on thursday and did a couple of headstands before class, then had a good class as usual - we did some vinyasa flow yoga and that always is good for me - I don't like it as much if you ask me directly, but it challenges my legs in a good way without just stretching them out. This morning's class was also good - although I had an odd feeling at the end of class in my lower back - like something needed stretched. I did wind-relieving pose to relax my back a bit, then felt good enough to do a headstand. I've gotten a lot better at kicking my legs up so that I keep a fluidity in my movement instead of using the wall too much, too. I'm also experimenting with groin stretches while the class is doing hamstring stretches so that I'm not doing an easier modification, just a different one.

Thursday's class
Favorite pose: Legs-up-the-wall pose during the relaxation portion. I've become a fan of using a blanket under my head, a blanket on my feet, and a beanbag on my eyes. I then do plow over into child's pose to come out and rest after then inversion.

Least favorite pose: Half Lord of the Fishes pose, or Ardha Matsayendrasana It just didn't feel right today - I might have pushed myself into twisting too much, so I'll work on restraint there, too.

Today's class
Favorite pose: My new way of getting down out of Legs-up-the-wall pose - Plow into Child's pose.

Least Favorite pose: Bow pose, or Dhanurasana I barely even attempted it today, I just wasn't feeling it.

I'm looking forward to being able to go back to my classes on monday & wednesday in addition to friday and saturday - then I can do yoga 6 days a week - since I think I'll most likely take sunday off, or at least light if Natha wants to go to family yoga. After next monday, I can go back to that schedule.

There's the 90 minute class tomorrow - hopefully we'll work on headstands tomorrow, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home