Diary of yoga practice

Friday, July 22, 2005

I now have two sessions to reflect upon...

since I went to a class yesterday and one this morning...

Thursday's class -

Favorite pose: Plow & shoulderstand, second-runner-up is legs-up-the-wall pose. Man, inversions felt good.

Least favorite pose: Easy pose. Isn't so easy when you have knees, ankes, hip-flexors, and groins that don't want to do it.

It was nice to get back - I felt a lot better afterwards than I had that morning, when I had awoke with a near-migrane and had to drag myself out of bed only to be greeted by a horribly misbehaved child. Needless to say, Thursday wasn't a good day. I spent some time talking to Ed about what's going on inside my head to make my attitude not its usual grateful, easy-going self and figured out a few things - so I feel much better emotionally today.

Friday's class -

Favorite pose - Crow, since I held it longer than I usually can - and even stopped myself from holding it too long. This restraint thing is getting easier the more I practice it. I also had a better time with Cow's Head pose on one side than I usually do - it wasn't all the way, but it was easier than usual.

Least favorite pose - I didn't really have a least favorite since I still am doing modifications to keep my hamstrings from stretching too much, but I didn't enjoy Pigeon as much as I usually do.

Between the break and the running (I ran another 2 miles after class today) my hamstrings are getting stronger - I can feel more strength and balance in my legs in general when doing things like Warrior II and one-legged balance postures like Tree. I think the running is really helping - but it sucks that I don't really like it. I just manage to distract myself long enough to get it done. It's the most efficient way for me to strengthen my legs as well as get a cardio workout at the moment. I'll have to figure out what to do about the running - maybe I can just do it for a while and maintain the strength by doing yoga? I'll have to look into that one...

The 90 minute class is tomorrow morning - I'm looking forward to it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home