Diary of yoga practice

Saturday, July 09, 2005

I went to my class this morning groggy...

...and felt much better once I came back. I was doubting getting my butt out of bed and going but after an hour-and-a-half I felt more ready to take on the day.

Favorite pose of the day: headstand or salamba sirasana - even though someone was helping me balance by holding my feet. I also tried a more challenging version of Locust or salabhasana where your arms are underneath you and you bend your back and knees to pick your legs up. You'd have to see it to describe it any better...

Least favorite pose: cow face pose or gomukhasana - although the modification we do doesn't do the arm part, so it's not exactly the same name.

You'll probably find that my favorite poses are usually inversions and my least favorite are hip openers. I have a relatively flexible back, hamstrings, and quads but horribly tight hip flexors and groin muscles - I can't even do Lotus AKA the quintessential yoga pose because of my hips. I'm not too discouraged - when I first came to yoga about a year and a half ago (I've not been practicing the last 6 months until 2 weeks ago, though) I couldn't even sit 'indian style' comfortably - my knees were up by my ears.

I keep trying to get Ed to go with me to a class, but it hasn't worked yet, though. I will acquiescently persevere, however. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home