Diary of yoga practice

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I was off until tuesday...

...and it felt 'wrong' to be doing yoga then, too. I haven't figured out if it's a function of the class or a function of my personal mood that day - it just didn't feel right. Sometimes certain postures don't feel good, sure, but this was just a dreadful feeling of sorts. I felt weird the rest of the day, too - I was in a sour mood all day, and kind of spiteful. I was better yesterday - although I didn't go to the 6am class. I've been tired lately and I'm not sure why - I don't know if it's physical or mental in nature even. I've got some possibilities, though.

Favorite pose : Legs-up-the-wall pose, with a scented beanbag on my eyes and a blanket folded up on my feet

Least favorite: everything else, especially the seated twists - they just bothered me.

I started reading about the doshas and balancing them - and did a little foray into what my predominant dosha is. I think I'm going to focus more on the imbalanced ones - I certainly can trace the days I'm off-kilter to three types which fall pretty much in line with the doshas. When I'm out-of-sorts I'll see if the asana and food prescriptions can help the day - even if it's placebo effect, if it helps me feel more balanced it's worthwhile.

I've been doing much better with restraint - especially in the shopping and eating arenas. Before it was always a struggle to restrain myself from doing something - to the point where I couldn't most of the time and would crumble under the pressure. Now that I'm just more mindful and thinking of what aspects of my life should contain more restraint the act itself has become easier overall. I'm eating only what I should, portion-wise, and if I do eat more, I make sure that I'm truly enjoying it and not just finishing the plate. Shopping is the same way - restraint doesn't mean you can't have anything, it just means that you think about it more before you consume something. I like the way this restraint thing is shaping up - I feel better and more balanced just in general.

I've got the friday/saturday/sunday trio of classes coming up - and I'm using restraint to become too excited about them - so I'm just letting them flow by and joining their flow for a bit, then going on with the rest of my day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home